Sunday, October 01, 2006

it's not that the music is so loud, it's that the music really sucks

My neighbor listens to his music really loud. . .really, really loud. Every neighbor (including me) has knocked on his door to ask him to please turn down the music. And he does (for an hour or two). The crazy landlord even came by one day and pulled out his cable connection because he was so disturbed by the loud music and the complaints. But it never stops. And here I am, trying to grade papers, and trying to listen to This American Life. And this is what I have to listen to in the background:

Kelly Clarkson
Prince (ok, Prince can be good, but he's listening to "Purple Rain")
Christina Aguilera
and it goes on. . .

Really, it's terrible.

8 comments:

Dr. Write said...

It could be worse. It could be him singing Kelly Clarkson or Prince really really loud.
That would be worse, right? Maybe it's just an excuse to stop grading and bang on the ceiling with a broom (or the appropriate dividing wall).

lis said...

that's true. It could always be worse.

middlebrow said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
middlebrow said...

This is bad, lis. This is something worth being against.

Condiment said...

No, I'll tell you what's worse: Working on music videos for these artists (which I have) and listening to the song over and over and over (about a hundred times through) in a two-day period. Kelly Clarkson "Since U Been Gone", Prince "Million Days", Christina Aguilera "Hurt."

BTW and I hate Purple Rain that is the worse Prince song ever I hate that damn song horrible HORRIBLE!

lis said...

now it's really bad--he's listening to Wilson Phillips.

Lisa B. said...

I tried to post here earlier today and got booted by the lame-ass blogger server. Bof! Anyway, what I was gonna say is that I often, these days, feel like a crack baby who gets frantic and overstimulated when there's music on and, say, someone tries to talk to me. It really puts a cramp in my listening project. However, I must also say that due to College Daughter, I have a song or two by both KC and CA that I not only can tolerate, I actively love. Love. So there's that. Also, I can see how you could hate Purple Rain, but I can also find it great. Not every time, but sometimes. Generally, though, Prince rules, but only if you control the volume and/or the remote.

Marg said...

I used to live next to someone with loud music. Sound travels amazingly well through walls. I found if I asked them to pull the speakers away from the wall about 3 inches, and gave them a phone book to put the speakers on the bass didn't reverberate nearly as bad. They won't notice a difference, but you will.