Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I'll take my Pibb straight up, thank you

The other night I went to the movie over at the Hateway and the line for the Prestige was long (who knew it would be so popular?); we were stuck at the back, around two corners, and the usher kept telling us to squish together because they were running out of room for the line. Squish together? Not so long ago I got stuck in an elevator at the Hateway and that was pretty horrific, but being told to squish up with a bunch of movie-goers seemed worse. The only good thing about being stuck in a big line of people while awaiting a movie is getting to listen in on people's conversations and I found a gem:

Wife to Husband: Well, I guess you could get me a Mr. Pibb, but that will keep me buzzing all night. So, if you want that, get me a Mr. Pibb. But the Coke. . . . Tell you what, get me a Mr. Pibb with a lot of ice and if I can't handle it, I'll dump it out before we get into the theater.


Only in Utah, folks. Only in Utah.

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

This would never happen in my family, who have been drinking their caffeine cold since God made the world. My sisters both drink vats of Diet Coke/Pepsi. My mother is from Georgia, where Co'Cola (or, better, and RC) are only supplanted by iced tea for cold caffeine. The legend has it that I was given Coke in my bottle, but my mother swears it was prune juice. A likely story.

Dr. Write said...

Yes RC! I yearn for it, like the days of old. I'm just glad coffee and tea is now available in movie theaters. Much more civilized. But not so good with popcorn.
And btw, I hate Mr. Pibb.