Sunday, January 06, 2008

nine reasons I have not been blogging

It's almost been a month--a month people!--since I have blogged. I know that each of you has taken a few moments in your holiday bliss to cry a little about this and for that I am sorry. But I have good reasons.

1. I had to sleep--a lot.
2. I had a lot of things to read. To facilitate this reading, I also had to make several trips to the bookstore and finally pay off my $100 bill for library fines.
3. I had to bake: pumpkin pie, cherry pie, the best chocolate chip cookies ever, linzer cookies, graham crackers, marshmallows, a trifle (which included days of concocting a recipe--it included blood oranges and it tasted like a creamscicle!).
3. I had to travel to Virginia for a job interview in a city where we eventually decided not to move.
4. I had to contemplate my future life in the cold, cold north of Canadia.
5. I had to go shopping for new pants, because all of my pants started falling apart or mysteriously started shrinking.
6. I had to think about how to pull off a wedding without doing any actual planning.
7. I had to write syllabi (which I still haven't finished--why am I blogging?)
8. I had to watch movies, both in the theater and at home: Golden Compass, Walk Hard, Sweeney Todd, Midnight Cowboy, Once, Purple Rain, Hot Fuzz (again!), Super Bad.
9. I had to go to Montana where I had to eat a lot and sleep and play clue and go skiing.

5 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I suppose these are good reasons for not blogging. I suppose. But you are right about the tears. So I hope you will be blogging more frequently. And also that you will answer these questions: did you ever get any good shoes? are your new trousers satisfactory? are you really going to live in Canada? and did you like Superbad, because I sure did.?

Dr Write said...

Welcome back. We missed you, are missing you, and will miss you. And I can tell you all about having a wedding and not doing any planning! It's called: let other people do the cooking!!
And I want that recipe for the best chocolate chip cookies ever. Please.
And my pants started shrinking too. Or, I gained a lot of weight from all the sugar cookies, tamales etc that I ate. I like the shrinking pants theory better.
I like all the movies you saw. Good job. I saw a few. I was even thinking about "Purple Rain" because I was listening to Prince, so I think I should see it again.
Well, I hope to see you soon. And more often.
Congrats to you and handsome mathematician on the move. Of course we will miss you and you will be required to blog much, much, much more often. And to send care packages of cookies, etc.

Nik said...

Wow. At least when you come back to blogging, you bring an exciting list of activity. Happy wedding!

Sarah @ Baby Bilingual said...

Teachers really know how to relish a vacation!

lis said...

lisa, I did get good shoes. my new trousers are fabulous. I'm really going to live in Canada. I did like Superbad, but I think those unedited dvd's are a bad idea.

lynn, the recipe for the best cookies is here: http://tinyurl.com/2fnhtd
I always cut it in half because it makes a ton--which is not a bad thing, you could share. i don't worry about the cake flour (just use all-purpose) but the pastry flour adds good texture/ flavor.