Saturday, December 08, 2007

a few questions I need answers to

1. When will it stop snowing?
2. Will the Golden Compass be as good a movie as I want it to be?
3. Is it a good sign that Canadian bills include pictures of people playing hockey, ice skating, and sledding?
4. Should I buy the oh-so-cute and sexy dress that is totally impractical?
5. Why am I so delighted that I've finally been rated on PickaProf?
6. If I run for political office on a scrooge platform, where I promise to outlaw all public playing of Christmas music until a week before Christmas, will I win?
7. When will I finally be rated on RateMyProfessor?
8. Will I get a chili pepper?
9. Will 30 Rock be on forever?
10. Will I be able to survive if it does go off the air?
11. Do I know how to count?
12. Why didn't Martha Stewart do a holiday issue this year?
13. Is it wrong that I've worn the same pair of socks three days in a row without washing them? I can't help it! They're so stripey, so woolly and so warm.

4 comments:

Dr Write said...

1. March?
2. The key is to lower your expectations. (but my guess is yes. And no.)
3. Yes.
4. Hell yes!
5. Because it proves that someone either likes you or hates you enough to spend some time on the internets. Either that, or it proves that MB was bored one night and posted for you.
6. Yes
7. Eventually. Give me time.
8. Yes (tell the man to get on that!)
9. No. But someday it might feel that way. (Remember the last season of "Seinfeld"?)
10. Maybe.
11. Why no 11?
12. She's a lazy bitch. Or, she ate too much fudge and she's busy puking it up. Or she's decided she hates the holidays. Or she's in jail.

Lisa B. said...

1. not till April?
2. sad to say, I've heard the answer is "no." But Ima see it anyway.
3. Uh, yeah!
4. Oh my gosh, I can't believe you're asking this question! Do it! Buy it! (if you do, it will make me feel better for having done the same thing, and I'm old enough to know better, whereas you're a mere slip of a girl who needs a sexy impractical dress like I need reading glasses just to pour a glass of water.)
5. me too
6. I will vote for you.
7. the magic 8 ball says "ask again later"
8. of course
9. I am fasting and praying that it will be so.
10. none of us will.
11. you're an english major, so probably not.
12. because I hate her. Hate!
13. stripy socks are the bomb.

tara said...

Buy the impractical dress. Definitely.

re: Christmas music: The other day I heard a horrendous Liza Minnelli version of "Jingle Bells" that drove me straight out of the store. So I'd vote for you.

Counterintuitive said...

2. Yes, I hope--I'm really hoping for GC but it's only got a 50% on the Tomato meter

4. no, if you want a man's p of v

5. Teachers are wanna be performers waiting for applause: note that reading these can be dangerous and scary and rewarding