Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I am a doorknob

The other night, I was made my niece and nephew write a story with me. I was the scribe and I alternated between the two of them for sentences. I think it turned out pretty well. I think I might take this down to Cup of Joe's for the big poetry slam. I could kick some literary asses.


Untitled

I am a ninja turtle. I am really tough. I am a princess. I'm not really a ninja turtle but I always wanted to be one. I'm not really a princess, but I really want to be one. I am really nice and a really tough girl. Yesterday, I got a costume. I help people when they drop something--even if they don't ask me to I still help them. Help others. I will be really kindd to people. I am a bad guy. I am the bad queen. I am a door. I am a doorbell. I am a doorknob.

4 comments:

Dr Write said...

Yes, this is one of the best poems ever. It could definitely win a slam contest.
Nice work!

Lisa B. said...

I feel this is a metanarrative of your life and I want there to be audio and/or video of when you go slammin.

Sarah @ Baby Bilingual said...

I like the variety of labels on this post.

tara said...

W.S. Merwin, 1973:

This is a place where a door might be
here where I am standing
in the light outside all of the walls

there would be a shadow here
all day long
and a door into it
where now there is me

and somebody would come and knock
on this air
long after I have gone
and there in front of me a life
would open

Melissa's niece and nephew, 2007:

I am a door.
I am a doorbell.
I am a doorknob.