Sunday, November 04, 2007

7 fab, fresh things about me

This is my attempt to join the Nanoblopo? thing with all my slcc'ers. Hightouchmegastore tagged me to list seven things about myself. I'm supposed to pass it on, but I have to stop the madness! That and, as Middlebrow says, she already tagged pretty much everyone I know (seven people--that's a lot!) So here are the seven things you might not know about me:

1. I was born on Thanksgiving. My mom cooked the entire meal while in labor, then went to the hospital. I weighed 10 lbs, 11 oz. and everyone called me the Butterball. My birthday is on Thanksgiving again this year, so feel free to bake me a pie.

2. I don't have a middle name, so when I was little I gave myself one: Crazy Cat. It was also sometimes Crazy Cat Cookie--and a long, continually changing list of other things I liked. (although I should clarify that I don't like cats)

3. I love sugar, any kind. When I was little I ate half-eaten candy that I found on the street and mistakenly ate comet to get my sugar fix.

4. I once dj'd a radio show called "Lost in the Supermarket"; I only played 80's new wave and punk. I also think it would be a good idea to have a radio show that is all Jackson 5, all the time.

5. I came in second at my school spelling bee when I was in fifth grade--lost to my academic nemisis, no less. I don't think I've ever gotten over it. My word: "lichenafied."

6. Before deciding on my current career, I wanted to be a botanist, an astronomer, and a journalist. My decision to abandon each of those career options had to do with math. Now I am marrying a mathematician.

7. I am the seventh child and nearly every address I've lived at has had the number 7 in it.

4 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Awesome facts! I love that you were so big when you were a baby and they called you Butterball. Also, "marrying a mathematician" alliterates, but I bet you already thought of that. Thanks, crazy cat cookie.

Dr Write said...

I think we should have a pre-Thanksgiving pie party for Lis!! Yes!! May I plan it??

Unknown said...

You are so going to learn some math in this marriage.

Sarah @ Baby Bilingual said...

This is one of the best "X number of things about me" posts I've ever encountered. Some of your facts brought knowing nods--yes, Thanksgiving birthday, yes, she ate Comet as a kid, oh that's where "Crazy Cat" came from--while others were simply fun to read about. I like discovering new and whimsical things about my friends!