Monday, March 24, 2008

spring break--the numbers

4 books read: Proust Was a Neuroscientist (Jonah Lehrer), The View from Castle Rock (Alice Munro), Theft (Peter Carey), The Bird Artist (Howard Norman)

6 nights sleeping in a tent: And quite well, actually--it may have been the rushing stream nearby.

4 days of climbing, 2 runs, and several hikes.

1 email responded to.

1 disastrous fall: slipping on pea gravel on a downhill slope which lead to to a bleeding toe and a very large bruise on my hip.

a 3rd viewing of Step Up 2.

I would say all of that makes for a perfect spring break. I returned totally relaxed and calm. Too bad that's not going to last.

5 comments:

Counterintuitive said...

sounds wonderful but one friggin email? I hate you--well I mildly dislike you since I set a goal of staying away from email and pretty much failed.

Lisa B. said...

I aspire to three viewings of Step Up 2: The Streets. Oh my gosh. I love that you did that. I have had two viewings of a v. questionable romantic comedy which shall remain nameless. I might tell you if I run into you. Your break sounds fabulous. I am doing pretty well, post break, myself, which speaks well for the break.

Lisa B. said...

Also, did we mention my favorite line from SU2:TS? When the guy from the crew busts into his own crib and says, "How come my crib smells like Funyuns, broccoli, and ball sweat?" I am waiting for the opportunity to use this line. Waiting.

lis said...

lisa, I hope I am around when you are able to use that line. the best part about the three viewings of step up 2 is that will joined me for two of them. and he liked it. just one of the many reasons i'm marrying the man.

Dr Write said...

I can't believe you read 4 books. I read one (Blink). And saw one movie (Penelope). And checked my email a lot. Too much.
But that's about it for me.