Friday, August 17, 2007

a few things I'd rather be doing next week

My syllabi are done. I whipped them out in one very productive day. I have no idea what I will do on the first day of class, but I'm sure I'll figure that one out. In the meantime, I can keep daydreaming about all of the things I would rather be doing than heading back to the classroom next week.

1. Running a pie shop. I really think Salt Lake needs one of these--a place where you can buy pies of all types and flavors.

2. Opening a gourmet popsicle shop. This was inspired by my making cucumber-chile popscicles this week.

3. Starting a granita shack. I worked in a snow shack when I was a kid, but those shaved ices are just too sweet. Adults want frozen treats!

4. Camping. Why didn't I camp more this summer? Oh well, I'm getting in one last weekend.

5. Making jam. I've probably already made more than we can possibly eat in a year, but I need more!

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

_I_ want you to run a pie shop and a granita shack and a popsicle stand. Can't you? I would totally support you and do more than my share to make these enterprises profitable. I would tell all my friends.

Dr Write said...

Ditto that. I want to be making pie. And eating your popscicles. Maybe tomorrow, as my last "no, school can't be starting, aaahhh!!!!" effort.