Sunday, June 24, 2007

ms. cellophane

I ran into dr. write at the farmer's market on saturday. She says it's like I've been invisible all summer. Well. I guess I'd better post, so I can at least have some online visibility. (don't worry, though, we're having a party next week--email details forthcoming).

Friday, we went to the the Lucinda Wiliams concert--what I like to call the Kelly Joe Phelps concert. Our primary motivation for buying tickets was Kelly Joe. We both love him and are ambivalent about Lucinda Williams. We even left the show early because apparently we are not so ambivalent about her after all. Her songs were all a little too droning, a little too nicely rhymed. And the sound was screwed up, so everything sounded a bit too harsh and rattling. Kelly Joe Phelps, though, was amazing--as always.

We spent most of the week down in the hot, hot hinterlands of UT/AZ cruising through Bucksking Gulch and Paria River. I could tell you about the stunning walls of the narrows and the cooling meander of the river, but I'll just keep that all to myself and show you a few pictures.






5 comments:

Counterintuitive said...

I was thinking about you invisibility so good to hear from you. Great pics--they remind me of a hike we did 30 miles out of Escalante, can't remember the name, though I do remember that we got a flat tire and that it was hot as hell. Still, the slot canyons were beautiful. Actually, I think it was peekaboo or something like that and I think you are the one who told me about it.

Lisa B. said...

Those photos are amazing, ALMOST amazing enough to account for the silence. the silence! And I didn't even get to see you at the farmer's market, so even more silence. Glad to hear from you. And really, those photos are amazing.

Dr. Write said...

I knew you weren't really invisible. Thanks for the lovely pictures. Whenever I see narrows like that, I immediately get an irrational fear of flash flood. I'm glad you made it home, safe and sound.

Sarah @ Baby Bilingual said...

Every picture you post of Utah makes me want to come visit!

lis said...

sarah, you do need to come.