Friday, November 24, 2006

hey, that new james bond is really good

uh, I mean hot. I don't really like beefy guys with chiseled features, but there's something about this new Bond. Even the boyfriend has a man crush.

I don't particularly like James Bond movies, but there's something about this new one that I really like. Maybe it's that he's not so slick and polished (in the Bond, James Bond way). There's a beautiful moment where he orders a martini; the bartender asks him whether he wants it shaken or stirred and he replies, "Do I look like I give a damn?" It was refreshing seeing Bond not quite so Bond.

Of course, if they make more movies with this guy, he's going to have to become Bond of the shaken martini, and I think I'll like him much less.

Oh well, it's a good flick. I still haven't figured out why, but it's good. Really. Go see it.

6 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Have heard it's quite good from many quarters. Love Daniel Craig from other films--Layer Cake, for instance, which someone recently dissed unjustly (Dana Stevens, maybe?). Will hope to see it, but realistically it's down the list a ways.

Clint Gardner said...

Isn't it because this one is actually based on an Ian Fleming novel?

You should read the exploits of Fleming's brother Peter. He was actually a spy and worked covertly behind enemy lines in WWII. Bond, some speculate, is based on Peter Fleming.

Counterintuitive said...

Great, because I was planning on seeing it, whether good or not, over the break with oldest son.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm totally mancrushing. Its a good flick. The casting was good, but its more than that. Its just an overall well crafted movie.

-w

Anonymous said...

I liked it because he actually got beat up and suffered. The resulting added grittiness made his successes seem more heroic. It was definitely better than any of the Roger Moore Bonds and felt more like a real story instead of a formulaic action flick.

Condiment said...

Thought its realness took the fun out of the movie. The opening chase is incredible and Daniel Craig is definitely better than Roger Moore, but where was the sense of fun, where was the Bond score? It felt like a competent action movie mixed w. the World Series of Poker.